Dear Children and Parents,
I am delighted to be the class teacher of year 5 and have thoroughly enjoyed our short journey thus far. As a member of Year 5; there will be much expected from you, with many exciting opportunities coming your way.
You will assist younger children, modelling suitable behaviour and attitudes to learning, as well as continuing to develop your own knowledge, understanding and skills.
In Year 5 you will have the opportunity to experience the following activities and topics:
· An historical look at slavery through the ages (eg Ancient Civilisations, Victorians and the present day)
· A scientific study of Materials, Space, Forces, Plants and Habitats
· A geographical study of South America, Russia, and Cumbria
· Shakespeare’s A Midsummer Night’s Dream.
· A study of famous people linked to Maths, Science, English, Design and Architecture
Homework in Year 5 consists of weekly spellings, maths, and mental maths or grammar activities. Homework will be given out on a FRIDAY, to be returned on a THURSDAY. Children will be tested every Friday on spelling, mental maths and grammar skills to inform future planning and assess progress. In addition to this, children will also be given a series of Talk Cards each half term to discuss with their family and friends. Children will have the opportunity to share what they’ve learnt in class.
- Library session is on Tuesday
- P.E. is on Thursday
- Reading packs are to be brought to school everyday
- Please arrive at school on time- doors open from 8:40am
Thank you for your continued support, Miss Gregory