Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions and Reminders
How much is dinner money and how shall I pay it?
School lunches are £1.70 per day. Children can choose from a selection of lunches each day. Please pay weekly, by cheque or cash, by sending the money in a clearly marked envelope. You are of course able to pay in advance for the month or half term.
Make all cheques payable to Evelyn C.P. School.
What is the procedure for taking my child out of school?
If your child has an appointment, please let the teacher know and show them the appointment card. Come to the office to collect your child and sign the ‘Signing Out’ book. If your child returns to school you must sign them in again.
If you wish to take your child on holiday during term time, please take a holiday request slip from the office and return it to Mrs Arnold for her authorisation.
What is the procedure if my child is sick?
Please phone the school between 8.30 and 9.30 on the first day of absence. If this is not done the school will need to contact you check why your child is not in school.
When your child returns to school, please enclose a note specifying the reason and dates for their absence.
What is school fund and how should I pay?
School fund should be paid at the beginning of every year. The cost is £7 per child, or £10 per family (if you have more than one child at the school) This money is vital to provide additional educational resources and subsidising activities.
When are the school holidays and what time do we finish?
You can also request a copy from the school office.
At Christmas, Easter and Summer breaks, school finishes at 1.30pm. At all other times school finishes at the normal times.
What is parent mail?
Parent mail is an e-mail system where we send you all relevant letters and information. This reduces our carbon footprint and helps us as an Eco school. It also ensures that information does not get ‘lost’ on the way home!
If you are not registered, please see the office for details.
- Ensure all uniform, including coats and PE kits are clearly labelled with your child’s name. We still have a large amount of lost property as uniform is left around the school with no name.
- Children are encouraged to bring a full, clean water bottle every day and take it home every night. It is important that they are cleaned regularly.
- Jewellery is not permitted in school.
- Mobile phones are not permitted in school.
- PE kit bags are available to purchase at the office and are to be kept in school and taken home when necessary for cleaning.
- Children are invited to bring in a birthday card and a present to share at birthday assembly. This is normally the Wednesday after their birthday.